Monday, February 13, 2012

Music is my radar, some say !


So, yes, I am fond of music. Many bands influenced my life… When I was a kid, apart from French pop singers, we were used to listen to The Kinks, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, The Rolling Stone, the Jam, the Sex Pistols, Madness etc.
Then, in the early 80’s I was able to decide for myself. I was 11 when I heard for the first time bands such as The Cure, Depeche Mode & Duran Duran. 

They became a bit of obsession and, of course, it was the New Wave period and it was amazing. All my friends were wearing black, and boys looked like Dave Gahan or Robert Smith… Ha J !
I spent more of my teenage years listening to those bands. Then, a friend from USA introduced me to R.E.M. in 1988. He was at the University nearby Georgia and sent me an audiotape (remember that Internet was not an option at that time ! Ice Age, right ?!) taken from a radio.  I liked them. Really really much.

But the major addiction to my life was Blur in june 1990. My then boyfriend was british and was nightclubbing a lot in London. He attended a few gig in London and areas and was used to capture on the audiotape some songs to let me listen to. One of the songs was from a band he mentioned like “nice, rock, but the singer is such a handsome ass”. I still don’t know which word drew my attention straight : Handsome or Ass… but their music put fire inside of me. I asked him all details about them and he had to attend to a few more gigs to please me. I went to London to pay him a visit and he made me the surprise of a blur gig. It was in June 1990. I fell in love with their music live and with Graham Coxon. All the girls were crazy about Damon Albarn (whom was very cute indeed) or Alex James (whom looked like my then boyfriend) but I was not.
I became a fan and am still. I can’t even think about a single day without listening to one of their songs. A few are just obviously major influence in my day life. Some are also perfect to cheer me up, please me, make me smile, make me feel loved, happy, relaxed etc.

After this love at the first sight, I kept on loving and looking for others bands. Nada Surf came with its “popular” song and then, came Arctic Monkeys. I fell in love with those kids and their music. It was just an awesome moment to listen to their first songs. 


I have to say that apart from Blur, I could only listen to Arctic Monkeys without getting bored. So, if I have to sum up my main taste in music, I would say : The Beach Boys, Duran Duran, Blur & Arctic Monkeys.
If I have to choose only 2 finalists, my heart would go to : Blur & Arctic Monkeys. The winner shall be blur, but living with Arctic Monkeys would be a bit harsh.
Nevertheless, music is just vital to me, like literature, movie & photography. I can’t live without those four. 

Here, below, my fave songs from Blur, The Beach Boys, The Kinks, The Beatles, Duran Duran, R.E.M., Blur, Nada Surf & Arctic Monkeys.




Blur "The Universal"


The Beach Boys "God Only Knows"

The Kinks "You Really Got Me"

The Beatles"Strawberry fields forever"

Duran Duran "Girl Panic"

R.E.M. "Find the River"

Nada Surf "Popular" (not my fave, but the most popular :) ! )

Arctic Monkeys "505"


Let's ROCK ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

N'hésitez pas... tous les auteurs aiment les commentaires....

Newsletters !

Les Archives

Le blog d'une ItemLiz Girl